Saturday 23 November 2013

the sick week

Sucking her thumb

In their new Hello Kitty clothes

All five of us had just barely gotten over our cold of the month when our oldest started tossing her cookies. It began Wednesday at 2am and continued for 10 hours. My husband attended to her while I stayed with the baby.

On Wednesday, my husband worked from home. I try to limit screen time to 1 to 2 hours per week for our toddler, but we made an exception, and allowed our toddler to play with her iPad for a few hours on Wednesday. She hung out with her Papa, and I headed out with the younger two. After a 4 hour nap on Wednesday afternoon, our toddler was almost like new. But I found myself very anxious. Would the rest if the family get sick? I actually felt nauseous at the thought...

My husband felt nauseous as well. In the early hours of Wednesday, he was by our daughter's side while she vomited over a dozen times. When he did manage to sleep, he dreamed of her vomiting!

As I write these words, the rest of the family has somehow managed to stay relatively healthy. I found out while at work on Saturday that #2 had vomited once the evening before, but had since shown little signs of illness other than a decreased appetite...

Where our toddler picked up the bug remains a mystery. Was it the money she put in her mouth before depositing it in her piggy bank? Possibly. Was it something she ate? Unlikely as her middle sister ate the same food. Was it a book she touched at the public library on Tuesday? Maybe.

I  suppose we will never know. The important thing is that they are feeling better, and the baby has shown no signs of illness...

No comments:

Post a Comment