Sunday 12 January 2014

Slipping and Sliding



She dressed herself!

Many north-American cities were dealt some very strange weather these last 2 weeks, and Montreal was no exception.

For the first time in nearly a month, we decided to go out for a walk. We had avoided outdoor adventures for a few weeks due to the colder than average weather. However, Monday forecasted above average weather, with a high of 5C! So it was that after breakfast, I bundled up the girls and headed out to a local cafe for some croissants. The baby was in my carrier, our almost 2-year old sat in the stroller, and our toddler was on foot next to Mama.

As if on cue, the rain slowed to a drizzle. We hadn't gotten very far when we ran into the concierge, who warned us about the sidewalks. "Oh, we are just going down the street," I remember saying...

We did eventually make it to the cafe. It took us over 30 minutes (normally it would take 10). The streets were empty, and we were the only ones on the sidewalk. I should have turned around, but I was driven by the thought of being cooped up indoors for another week.

The icy sidewalks made for some interesting slipping and sliding. The stroller maneuvered surprisingly well, and the baby and I stayed upright. Our toddler, however, slipped  every few metres. The falls were buffered by a soft snow suit, and she did not shed a tear...

While in the cafe, the wind picked up. The employees ran out in search of their fly-away garbage bins, while the customers watched in disbelief. I called my dear husband, and begged him to pick us up. Thankfully he was working from home that day, and our adventure had a good ending!

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome outfit. She reminds me of grandma C in that!

    ReplyDelete