Saturday 19 July 2014

The 5-Day Experiment: a Week of Pinterest-inspired Breakfasts

It all started with an e-mail from my sister. Last week, she sent me a photo from Pinterest of a turtle-shaped waffle. I was going to make pancakes the following day, and thought why not make waffles instead...I shaped them after the turtle in the photo my sister had sent, and wondered if my daughters would be more likely to eat their food.

Day 1: Waffle-shaped turtles.

The older girls were amused, and thoroughly enjoyed their waffles. Although didn't even sample the banana appendages.




Day 2: Egg in pepper, which I labelled a "flower egg".  The older girls refused to eat this one. Although baby gobbled down the egg.



Day 3: Banana popsicles, dipped in yogurt and covered in sprinkles, then frozen. This was a treat given the evening before as I left for work before their breakfast on Day 3.





Day 4: Owl. S1 & S2 enjoyed throughly.




Day 5: Strawberry Fish. Also a big hit with the older girls.





Where to from here? Have I set the bar too high ? Will my girls refuse future breakfasts that are not "food art". Well, I am up for the challenge! Thankfully Baby doesn't need any incentive for now...






No comments:

Post a Comment