Saturday 6 September 2014

Preschool Begins!

I had been looking forward to this week for some time. I had signed S1 and S2 up up for three half days per week at the local YMCA. The plan was that S3 would stay home with Grandma, I would drive S1 and S2 to school, workout, relax, then bring them home.

Their first day was Wednesday, a work day for me, so they were dropped off and picked up by their father who was working from home...And Friday was their first day with Mama. After a good breakfast, the girls grabbed their school bags and lunches, and we headed off to the Y. The girls insisted I stay, but within a few minutes, they indicated that I could leave.

I headed to the running track on the upper level, and impressed myself by jogging 6km after a two year hiatus from running (or perhaps I should specify I did plenty of running after the kids). While I jogged, I looked out a large window, and saw my girls happily playing in the courtyard below. Talk about a guilt-free work-out!

After a quick shower, I headed over to the large mall across the street and simply browsed around. When was the last time I shopped without two to three kids vying for my attention and pulling me in opposite directions?!


First day of school:


No comments:

Post a Comment