Saturday 18 July 2015

The Girls Get a Swing Set

We finally replaced the dilapidated swing set that came with the house with a new cedar set. I had considered the purchase for over a year, but the prospect of putting it together (10-12 hours for two people), coupled with the nearby park had dissuaded me.

In the end, a sale at Costco, and my frustration while barbecuing dinner (the baby wanted to be held while I manned the grill, while the older two waited impatiently on the patio) convinced me to make the purchase...

And so it was that a few weeks ago, I headed out to Costco with an SUV minus the child car seats, and picked up a swing set. It remained in our garage for a week before the work started in earnest. The final tally was 20 hours, including five hours of assistance from a second party. Papa finally finished on Sunday July 12th at 15:30, an the girls were ecstatic!

S1 helping Papa with the last few pieces

Playtime!

Playing with neighbours



No comments:

Post a Comment