Saturday 10 October 2015

Mama is the Mystery Reader

At orientation, the parents were invited and encouraged to read a book to our child's kindergarten class. I volunteered, and received a notice a few weeks ago that I would be reading this last Monday. I left 5 clues, and before my arrival, the kids had to guess whose parent was arriving.  The clues were:

I have a daughter in the class
I like to read
I like to do arts and crafts
I like to jog
My daughter has two younger sisters

Right before I arrived, the teacher had the kids all stand up, and if the clues did not apply, they were to sit down. And one by one, they all sat down, until there were only two left. And with the last clue, everyone guessed whose mom it was, as apparently it is not that common to have two younger sisters...

I read them the french version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, called "La chenille qui fait des trous". It was a big hit. What was even a bigger hit was the craft that I had prepared: caterpillar and butterfly-shaped cookies that they decorated with icing pens.





No comments:

Post a Comment