Saturday 17 June 2017

Swim Team Awards Night

The indoor swim season recently came to a close, and my daughter's swim club hosted an awards ceremony on the last day. I decided to take my 7-year old, not because I was expecting her to win an award, rather simply so that she could see her coaches and fellow swimmers one last time before the summer.

Much to my surprise, she won the first award: Most Improved Junior Fin 1. There was no question about it, she had definitely improved. At the beginning of the season, she could barely finish 25m without stopping, and by the end, she was swimming about 10 laps without stopping for a break. Not only did her front and back strokes look great, but she added butterfly and breaststroke to her repertoire.

When her name was called for the award, she did not move. I had to prompt her to go up on stage. After receiving her award, she posed for the most adorable photo ever...



No comments:

Post a Comment