Saturday 19 May 2018

Cycle 1 Vernissage


 Last week, the school hosted the "Cycle 1 Vernissage" in the Gym.  While a similar event took place 2 years ago, it was the first time I had attended a vernissage.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but certainly not the prolific display of artwork. The gym had been transformed into a museum of sorts. The walls were lined with artwork created by students from Kindergarten through to grade 2. Each class had also come up with a group tableau, which was then auctioned off. The proceeds of the vernissage were donated to the school. There was also an interactive activity in the middle of the gym where the children created houses out of construction paper. Here is a sampling of the artwork:

self-portrait by my 6-year old

"Ananas" by my 6-year old

Some of the kindergarten artwork

Interactive artwork created during the event

"Find your child's silhouette" display (Kindergarten)

Art by my 8-year old

Also by my 8-year old

Group artwork by Mme Côté's class, grade 2

Group art by Mme Marie's class, Kindergarten


No comments:

Post a Comment