Saturday 13 July 2019

A New Pool, a Bird's Nest, and Softball.

This week, we went to my cousin's house for an afternoon swim. She had just installed a pool in her backyard, and the girls had a blast. They used inflatables usually banned at the local community pool, and had a scrumptious pool-side picnic. They had been asking to return every day since then...


A few hours ago, I got a text from my sister asking if I was interested in playing softball as her team was short a few players. So it was that I biked over with the girls, and attempted to play softball whilst they played in the nearby park with their father. It turned out to be more fun than expected; my bat actually hit the ball a few times and I even made it to home base once. Meanwhile, our 5-year old decided to "build" a nest in the park. I think she looks more of a cabbage patch girl:


No comments:

Post a Comment