Saturday 11 June 2011

Countdown

CC brings me the lens cap


Monday June 6
We leave for Toronto in just four days, sans baby.  I find myself wondering if it is a good idea. While I fully trust my mother and sister to take wonderful care of her, will I be able to function without my baby?  I realize babies don't have a great sense of time, and for her four days might be just one really long day.  However, I am concerned that I will be overcome with worry, and won't be able to function, nor enjoy our mini-trip. At the very least, I should be getting more sleep that last night.  The Brat was up every two hours. This sleeping pattern usually heralds a virus, be we had a great, cold-free day today.

Tuesday June 7
As is often the case, one fitful night is followed by a calm night.  For only the third night since birth, she slept through the night!  9PM to 6AM.  Now if only I could learn to sleep earlier, as falling asleep at midnight still doesn't give me much sleep.  We had a great day today; we went for a jog, followed by a short trip to a very nice park in a neighbouring city. I have a feeling that the next two days will fly by, as I will be working both days. Three more days until our separation.

Wednesday June 8
I have put the finishing touches on the "baby care guide" for my mother and sister. This includes the baby's schedule, her preferred meals, emergency contacts, infant Heimlich and CPR. At last count, the document was ten pages long. I am beginning to think that I have gone a little overboard.

Thursday June 9
Today flew by. I packed, I went to work, and now I type.  We leave tomorrow. Normally I would be excited, but instead I find myself anxious. Whoever said Separation Anxiety was uniquely for infants?

Friday June 10
We bade our baby adieu a little after noon today, and headed for the airport. Once we checked in, I headed for the airport bookstore, and perused the magazines. I found myself buying a copy of "Today's Parent". "Really?", my husband asked.

As I type these words, we are about to go to sleep for the night, our first night away from the baby. I anticipate a difficult night for myself, and I have brought along some Gravol just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment