Saturday 24 March 2012

Spring is Here!

Gardening

I had forgotten how easy it was to entertain our toddler outdoors. I remembered this week, as a warm front descended upon us, and we had record breaking weather. We had 5 days of temperature above 20C; typically the average March temperature is 2C!

We ventured to the park on several occasions. The baby slept soundly in her stroller, while our toddler ran around. The nice weather was so unexpected that the park's swings had not yet been set up. Our toddler was very content to be outdoors, and we found it difficult to convince her to return home.

Although the above average weather won't last, it was a nice distraction. Rather than mope around the house feeling exhausted, my goal was to get outside. And that I did, at least twice a day. Most often I was alone with one child while the other was being entertained by her father or grandmother. I am not yet confident that I can walk outside with both. What if our toddler decides to run into the street? The one time I ventured outdoors with both of them, our toddler insisted I carry her. "No," she said emphatically when I suggested she ride on the platform attached to the back of the stroller. Thankfully the park was only 50 meters from our house.

Napping

1 comment: