Saturday 5 May 2012

First Haircut

Before:the mullet

When our first child was only a few months old, I suspected that her first haircut would be a long ways away.

This last week, my prediction came true...She was born with scant brown hair, most of which fell out by the time she was 4 months old. By 12 months of age, she still did not  have enough hair to brush. A few months ago, suggestions to cut her "mullet" started coming in. She still did not have a lot of hair, but she had a few long strands at the back. 

I resisted cutting her hair mostly because it looked rather cute when put up in a ponytail, or two small pigtails. However, for several months now, coinciding with her increased assertiveness, she refused to let me coif her hair.

So one day last week, I decided to trim the "rat's tail" as my husband referred to it. She was bathing at the time, one of her favourite activities, and did not take notice the scissors. While far from a professional job, I think it looks rather nice. I may not be able to put it up in pigtails anymore, but at least I will stop fielding questions about her mullet!


After: mullet-no-more


Baby #2: Bald &  chubby



No comments:

Post a Comment