Friday 7 November 2014

San Fransisco, here we come


I write these words from an altitude of 36,000 feet, somewhere between Denver and San Fransisco. My husband sits by my side on the Airbus 319. We left our girls behind in the trusty care of Grandma and Auntie. 

I will be attending a four-day conference in San Fransisco and we will be on our first vacation since S3's birth, almost 15 months ago.

When we left the house, the girls were sound asleep, so we were not able to say a proper goodbye. However, earlier in the week we had prepared the older two for our trip. They made a list of things they wanted us to buy them. 

Although we have been in the plane for only 5 hours, I miss them terribly. Here is a sampling of my worries:

Will they be happy? Will the baby sleep through the night? Will they get sick or injured? Will my mom and sister survive? Will I be able to sleep, or will I worry too much? Will the house be a mess when we return?

I find it hard not to worry, even though I am fairly certain that they will survive, and we will enjoy our trip. 

Thank goodness for FaceTime!



No comments:

Post a Comment