Saturday 6 February 2016

Robotics: Kindergarten Version

We were invited to visit my daughter's kindergarten class on Thursday evening, after school. The students had been working on a robotics project. I wasn't sure what to expect...I thought that perhaps they had built some robots.

What I wasn't prepared for was that on top of building robots, they had programmed them! Had kindergarten gotten a lot more complicated since I graduated?

It was a family affair, as I brought along our kindergartener's siblings, and Papa joined us after work. The siblings were so excited, they ran around the room, dressed up in a variety of costumes, read books, and mostly ignored the robots. Our oldest, on the other hand, eagerly showed us the robots they had built, and how to turn them on. There was a crocodile that opened its mouth, a monkey that jumped up and down, and even a soccer player that kicked, and a goaltender that attempted to block shots!







No comments:

Post a Comment