Saturday 8 October 2016

The Cutest Homework Club

When I met with my daughter's grade one teacher early in the school year, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of homework she would be doing. A new book to read every night for a week, about 200 french words that she would have to master by the end of the school year, in addition to nightly vocabulary, and a weekly test involving numbers. I needn't be worried as her homework is completed within 15 minutes, she has aced all three of her tests so far, learned all of her words within three weeks, and actually enjoys doing her homework. So much so that our 4-year old asked if she could do homework too. Why not, I thought, and bought her a prep book for kindergarten. She take out her book each time she see her sister doing her homework, and meticulously practice writing letters, both "majuscule" and "minuscule"...



No comments:

Post a Comment