Saturday 7 October 2017

Mama is the Mystery Reader


Last week, I was the "mystery reader" in my five-year-old's kindergarten class. The children guess whose parent is visiting, based on a few clues left by the parent. (In my case, my daughter guessed it was me with the clue "I have three girls").

I read them a book about monsters, and then led an arts and crafts activity based on the book. I chose two activities, one that they could bring home, and the other that they could eat! They placed a few googly eyes on a paper monster corresponding to the number written under the monster:


And by far the most popular activity of my brief visit was decorating cupcakes to resemble monsters:



My daughter asked when I would be returning to be the mystery reader again, and I explained that each parent gets one turn only...

No comments:

Post a Comment