Saturday 14 October 2017

To The Pumpkin Patch

Our five year old headed to the pumpkin patch with her class this week. They had asked for parent volunteers, and while I hesitated briefly as I would be working later in the day, I decided to join the group.

After a tractor ride to the pumpkin patch, the kids had a scrumptious and healthy snack; fresh pressed apple juice and an apple muffin. Next, we headed over to the corn labyrinth where the kids solved a "mystery". While they weren't too interested in the mystery, they did enjoy running through the fields of corn. They walked along a drawbridge, and finally headed to the field to pick their pumpkin. My 5-year old was the last to choose her pumpkin, as she simply kept changing her mind. Finally she found the pumpkin that was the perfect shape, size, and colour...

And just before departing, they played in a park and enjoyed feeding a few animals. I suspect the most enjoyable part of the trip was the bus ride, although as the parents weren't allowed on, I cannot be certain...

On the tractor





Unable to choose her pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment