Saturday 2 February 2013

Date Night

Dancing
Cooking

For the first time in a very long time, my husband and I enjoyed a date night sans kids. It took place last Saturday, and it had been over 6 months since our last attempt at a night out.  Last August, we had started to watch a tennis match at the Uniprix stadium at Jarry park. Halfway through our evening, I received a text from my mother stating that the baby was crying, and refused to fall asleep....It would be over 6 months until our next date night.

This past Saturday saw my mom and sister came over. They fed the babies dinner, played with them, and put them both to sleep by 20h, something that we rarely manage on our own.  Meanwhile, my husband and I enjoyed a leisurely dinner at a local eatery, then decided to watch a mindless movie. We enjoyed our outing enormously. However I could not stop myself from checking my phone for text messages every five minutes...

Perhaps next time I will be a little more relaxed!

No comments:

Post a Comment