Saturday 1 June 2013

Excuses, Excuses!

It seems like just a few months ago, my toddler simply looked guilty anytime I caught her beating up on her sister. Recently, however, she has provided a variety of interesting excuses to my queries:

I have caught her a few times over the last month whipping her sister with her blankie. Thankfully, the miniature blanket was very lightweight, and did not seem to cause any damage. When I asked her why she hit her sister, she replied: "I was slipping!"

Just yesterday, I noticed my toddler kicking her little sister who was sitting nearby. " Why are you kicking your sister?," I asked. To which she replied "my legs are too long!"

Just last week, my toddler bit my leg. She hadn't bitten me in some time, and I was very surprised. I screamed in pain, and asked why she bit me. She answered simply: "I was looking for something to eat!"

When I got home from work today, I found out that my toddler had bitten her little sister's finger. Her explanation was that she "was looking for something to drink!"

I am not to sure why I bother asking for explanations as her malicious intent is clear, and she is a few years from understanding the concept of accountability...Yet at the same time I find her explanations imaginative and humorous...

Sharing a box!
Trying on her new summer hat
Trying on her new summer hat

No comments:

Post a Comment