Sunday 30 June 2013

Last Mini-Vacation

A Quebec-wide holiday this last Monday provided us with one last opportunity to get away without the kids before Brat #3's arrival.  My husband and I dropped the girls off at Grandma's on Saturday morning, and we returned two days later. We decided to go to Ottawa, one of our favourite Canadian cities. We stayed at a very nice centrally-located hotel. We visited with some of my husband's extended family, and a few of our friends. But mostly, we:

-relaxed
-had conversations about anything and everything except for the kids
-took leisurely strolls
-read 
-shopped
-went out for breakfast, lunch and dinner
-went to a movie

We also tried to:
-sleep in

After over three years of not sleeping in, this was harder than it seemed. We both woke up a little after 7am...

And finally, we tried to sleep through the night. Although I think my husband managed this feat, with the third baby's head pressing on my bladder, I was up far more often than I had hoped.

Overall, it was nice to get away, and we tried to appreciate every moment. In all likelihood, we will not be taking any breaks from our soon-to-be three kids for a very long time...

Meanwhile, the girls had a great time with Grandma and their Montreal-based aunt. They played in Grandma's backyard, went to multiple parks, ate healthy home-made meals, and danced and sang songs daily. They enjoyed themselves so much that when we went to pick them up, I do not think they recognized us!

Swimming in Grandma's backyard!



Climbing Grandma's safety gate!

No comments:

Post a Comment