Saturday 17 September 2016

Mama Helps out at Preschool

At our new preschool, all the parents have one duty day every six weeks or so. My "duty day" fell on the second Monday of school. I arrived 15 minutes early to set up, and left 15 minutes after school to tidy up. And in between, I played with  over 20 preschoolers. I found myself exhausted by the time the school ended, and marvelled at how the two teachers could spend 4 half days a week with so many children...

The theme this month is "farms", and the kids had a great time learning all about farms. They practiced milking a cow (glove filled with water attached to a broom stick) and even "made" butter by mixing heavy cream. They enjoyed crackers with their homemade butter, and learned a few farm-related songs.

Mostly, being "on duty" reassured me that the kids were well taken care of, and were learning in the process...

milking the cow

hugging her cousin

In the playground after school



No comments:

Post a Comment